LTC Educator/Infection Control Practitioner - Samaritan Medical Center (Watertown, NY)
Staff Education - The Long Term Care Education/Infection Control Coordinator is responsible for planning and overseeing a comprehensive staff education and development program as identified by the Directors of Nursing at Samaritan Keep and Samaritan Summit Village.
- Assists with educational needs assessment, as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of educational activities for the organization.
- Serves as an educational resource/consultant to Samaritan Management. Ensures that sound theoretical and technical criteria are established for all programs.
- Is actively involved in the initial orientation of new employees and the continuing competency based credentialing of Samaritan staff.
- Promotes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all departments.
- Develops, communicates and maintains systems which enhance standards of practice and compliance with regulatory agencies.
Qualifications - Current NYS RN license. BLS instructor certification. Certified in Infection Control (CIC) preferred. Certification required within three years. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure with the State of New York. BSN and LTC experience preferred. Must be able to function in a multi-faceted role. Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Five years of recent clinical experience required. Experience in supervision, curriculum development and instructional design desired. Demonstrates knowledge of adult education principles, learner-centered training, needs assessment and performance evaluation. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required. Must be highly motivated, creative, self-directed, articulate, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Must possess a comprehensive broad based knowledge and the ability to interact with and educate all levels of learners within the Samaritan organization. Must have the ability to utilize a variety of educational tools and equipment. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer systems, system applications and other office equipment.
Samaritan is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
• Post ID: 10665349 watertown